No concept designs were done for this octopus monster so my project partner Jon Neill & I made it up as we went along, collaborating on ideas until we settled on something we liked.
Below: We sculpted this creature in wed clay in under a week, teaming up on the main body with me focusing on the head (face) and Jon on the mantle (head back). I sculpted one tentacle which was to be used for all 8 and the whole thing was molded and cast in silicone. We then painted it together.
This puppet had a semi-hollow mantle with rubber undulating breathing sacs on its sides and solid silicone tentacles... so it was HEAVY!
Back to Top